Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I HAVE A DREAM




During the first day, the participants watched Freedom Writers. This is from their journal...

"Watching “Freedom Writers” left a deep mark on me. The students in the movie reminded me that no matter what I am going through, there is always someone who has more problems! The way all the students and the teachers were able to connect was all truly amazing. I believe everyone should have someone such as the teacher in their lives. This person doesn’t necessarily have to be a teacher. The way the students were inspired and given hope and something to believe in should be applied to everyone. However I don’t believe all this was played in a realistic way. I know this was a true story, but the way the movie was told was in a “hollywood” way. I do hope one day there will be a teacher that can teach and inspire students the way the movie tells it.

The movie inspires me to become something big and to run after everything and anything I desire no matter how “out there” it might be. I also want to start a diary, even if it is not read. I will always have something to look back on and remember how I felt at the time. The idea of the diary always being there, even if you’re gone, is cleaver. The diary will always be a piece of someone left behind."

No comments: