Wednesday, August 15, 2007

IT'S A NEWSPAPER!!! .01lbs & 28 pages


After seven long weeks of training, research, interviewing, writing, sales, photography and design, we finally made it to the point of distribution! Young Voices officially arrived in Waterbury today at 11:06 a.m. The paper was picked up from Trumbull, Connecticut early this morning by John Murray (Publisher of the Waterbury Observer), Chelsea Murray (Observer and Young Voices) and Quajay Donnell (Publisher of Young Voices).

The young journalists eagerly awaited the arrival of their newspaper at the Bank Street office downtown Waterbury. They immediately helped unload and quickly jumped into the pages. They sat in silence for 10 minutes while they flipped through the pages, and then slowly began to comment on their work. Many of them were in disbelief and didn't think that this moment would ever arrive. After talking for a moment, they hit the streets and started to put their newspaper in the hands of Waterbury citizens. Below are some quotes and pictures from the day.

If you would like to get a copy of Young Voices sent to you, please email us your address at believeinmedia@gmail.com

"I never thought about being a journalist. My family is proud of me." - Carlos

"I love it!" - Julivette

"This is our child and I know people will want our paper." - Debra

"I like it a lot!" - Samantha

"I just want to say one thing ... we have to clap it up for ourselves. This paper was all of us. It was a group effort. It wasn't just me." - Josh


















No comments: